As the area’s only independent Infant – 12th grade Christian school, Keswick draws families from over 100 area churches who share a desire that their children be educated in a truly Christ-centered environment. Our unique policy of Selective Admission assures an atmosphere where Christ is taught, respected, and modeled. It’s an atmosphere where warmth and love are demonstrated daily and where families enjoy a wonderful peace of mind knowing they have made the right educational choice for their child. Each year, Keswick graduates students who excel academically and exhibit true Christian character. A broad, college preparatory curriculum assures academic excellence as some of the state’s finest athletic and fine arts programs help develop the entire individual while teaching lessons that go far beyond the classroom.
Yes, Keswick is a school where children can grow, excel, and make friendships that will last a lifetime!
- The teaching orientation of Keswick Christian School is a conservative, fundamental interpretation of the Bible and the belief that Christian instruction starts in the home. In keeping with these beliefs, we require that at least one parent be a believer in the Lord Jesus as personal Savior and in agreement with the Statement of Faith of the school. It is also expected that parents and students be in regular attendance of a Bible-believing, evangelical church of their choice and be able to secure their pastor’s recommendation to attend KCS. The church they regularly attend must be in agreement with the major points of the KCS doctrinal statement.
- Keswick curriculum is planned to meet the needs of the average to above average student. We accept students with a composite Stanine score of 5 or higher with none lower than 4. The school is not equipped to meet the needs of students with excessive learning difficulties nor those with extensive social challenges. All new students are considered on probation (academic/social) for the first quarter. Before applying, please review your child’s academic records in light of the above criteria.
- Application and fee must be made ($100.00 per student, non-refundable). The student’s latest report card and achievement test scores should be submitted at this time.
- An interview with the principal is required with both parents in attendance. High school students are included in the interview.
- Upon acceptance, registration fee is due ($250.00 per student).
- Keswick Christian School admits students of any race, color, national and ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national and ethnic origin in administration of its educational policies, admission policies, scholarship and loan programs, and athletic and other school-administered programs.
- Keswick is accredited by the Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI) and by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS).
Kindergarten children are expected to be five years of age by September 1, and candidates for first grade are expected to be six by September 1 of the school year for which enrollment is desired—which is the rule in the Pinellas County Public Schools. Kindergarten and Preschool applicants’ birth certificates must be presented to the school office before the opening day of school.
A recent physical (Florida State Form HRS 3040) completed by a physician and an immunization blue record card (Florida State HRS 680) are required for Kindergarten and all new out-of-state students transferring to Keswick Christian School. All new Kindergarten students need a second MMR booster. All 7th-grade students will need the following immunizations: Tetanus-diphtheria (TD) booster. measles vaccine (second dose, preferably MMR-measles, mumps, rubella) and hepatitis B series (three doses given over a six-month period). All forms must be submitted before opening day of school.
- An entrance test is required of applicants. If the applicant has taken an equivalent standardized achievement test within 12 months, the results of that test may be accepted in lieu of the entrance exam.
- The grade placement for all students is determined by the Administration.
- All final decisions for admittance are determined by the Administration.
- Parents of the applicants will be notified in writing regarding their acceptance
- All students are accepted on a trial basis.
- The parents must enter into a contract with the school.
Acceptance in any grade does not mean automatic acceptance into the next grade the following year.
When a child enrolls in Keswick Christian School, a place is reserved for the entire school year. We ask parents to make every effort to complete each semester before making changes in their child’s school or community. When a change during the school year is unavoidable, tuition charges will be prorated on a monthly basis. New students will be charged for the entire month when they are first enrolled, and transferring students will be charged for the entire month during which they are last enrolled. An adjustment will be made when the ending or beginning of a quarter does not coincide with the month. Report cards and transcripts are released to students, parents, or other schools only when the student’s account is current.