Reflecting our Creator God Through Art
Whether it’s art, band, choir, weekly praise and worship participation during chapel services, piano lessons, mission trips, or the biennial musical, there are multiple classes and ways for students to express their creativity. Keswick Christian School understands the important role the fine arts play in creating a well-rounded curriculum. Teachers, coaches, and administrators work together to ensure students have the opportunity to pursue the fine arts and see their passion for creative expression blossom while still having plenty of time for academic excellence and athletic pursuits.
Creatively Stimulating Art & Music Opportunities
We pride ourselves are not only being one of the best private Christian schools in Pinellas County, Florida, but also one of the most creatively stimulating. Grades K-5 are exposed to general music classes and art classes.
5thgrade students are required to take band and 6thgrade students are required to take choir. In addition, 6thgrade students choose between pursuing art classes or continuing in band or choir as an elective. Thanks to the well-balanced curriculum of Keswick Christian School, students are also able to take both band and choir at the same time if they wish. From there, middle school and high school students will engage in more challenging coursework, honing their skills in their chosen discipline until graduation. Art classes include 2D and 3D art, as well as AP level versions of those classes. Students interested in band will experience Intermediate Band in 7thand 8thgrade and Wind Ensemble from 9ththrough 12thgrade. Those expanding their singing talents will enjoy Cantus Choir in 7thand 8thgrade and Concert Choir from 9thto 12thgrade.
If interested, 6ththrough 12thgrade students can volunteer for our Worship band and 5thgrade students can sign up for Tribe worship team, both leading during different weekly chapel services. There are also plenty of opportunities for students to perform for large audiences. Whether it’s the annual elementary Christmas concert, the band and choir concert at a nearby church, the mission trips every other year, performances through the All-State music group, and more, our students have fun using their gifts to glorify God and bless others.
“The heavens declare the glory of God, and the sky above proclaims his handiwork.” Psalm 19:1
Fine Arts Offerings
- Middle & High School Visual Arts
- Middle & High School Bands
- Middle & High School Choirs
- Middle & High School Live Musical Theatre
- Preschool & Elementary School Music Classes
- Band Classes starting at 5th Grade
- Honors Curriculum for Visual & Performing Arts
- High School Praise & Worship Band
- Crusader Varsity Pep Band
- Elementary Art Class
- 5th Grade Worship Leading- TRIBE
- Piano Lessons for 2nd – 12th Grade
- High School Music Missions Trips
- College scholarships and admission to top music and arts colleges
- Band & Choir “superior” ratings at the district and state levels
- Regular participation in All-State music groups
- Award-winning art work on display at prestigious art gatherings (ie. Chihuly Exhibition)
- Annual Broadway-style musical theater performances
- Participation in the Disney Candlelight Processional, Carnegie Hall National Band & Orchestra Festival, and the Pan-Pacific Band Festival in Japan.