KCS Scholars is a program that encourages students to enrich their regular course work by going well above the standard graduation requirements.
KCS Scholars are required to:
- Complete a career internship
- Take a minimum number of Honors A/P classes
- Maintain a minimum 3.5 weighted GPA
- Present a research topic before a panel of faculty and administration
- Conceive and develop a project to address a school need
- Participate in a senior exit interview
- Provide free tutoring for students struggling academically
- Complete 120 community service hours
Scholars that successfully fulfill these rigorous requirements enjoy:
- Special acknowledgement at graduation
- An end-of-end banquet celebration to honor each students specific accomplishments
- Communication to the colleges and universities the scholars are applying, to inform of their accomplishments
The KCS Scholars program represents the highest in academic achievement at the High School level. Do you have what it takes?
For more information, contact Karen Yale at (727) 393-9100 or firstname.lastname@example.org.